This Mother's Day, ditch the high priced, high calorie brunch specials and spoil the moms in your life with one of these delicious and healthy, high-protein recipes!
Shirred Eggs w/ Marinara & Feta
- 4 Alternative Bagelettes*
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin oil
- 4 large eggs
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup low-sodium marinara sauce
- 4 tsp. crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut each bagel half into 4 pieces. Place bagel pieces on a sheet pan; bake at 375°F for 13 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- Rub 1/2 teaspoon oil into each 4 (8-ounce) mini cocottes or ramekins. Divide bread cubes among cocottes and crack one egg into each.
- Season each egg with a dash of salt & pepper. Spoon 1 tablespoon marinara into each. Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon feta.
- Place cocottes in oven; bake at 375°F for 12 minutes or until whites are set. Sprinkle with oregano. Drizzle with additional oil, if desired.
Calories: 166 | Protein: 11g | Carbs: 15g | Fat: 8g | Fiber 5g
Kid Friendly Breakfast Pizza
Who said pizza wasn’t an a.m. food? Because turkey bacon is the star topping, this recipe is an easy one. An adult can whisk and scramble the eggs, and the kids can take charge of the assembly.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Perfect 10 Bagels*
- 1 cup low-fat, cheddar cheese
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked & chopped
- 1 green onion, diced
Spray medium frying pan and preheat over medium heat. In a bowl, whisk the eggs. Stir in salt and pepper to taste. Pour into pan. Scramble eggs lightly over medium heat until eggs are set.
To assemble: On each bagel half, top with scrambled eggs, sprinkle with a tablespoon of cheese and turkey-bacon pieces. Place on cookie sheet and broil 3-5 minutes until cheese melts. Top with onions and serve immediately.
Calories: 187 | Protein: 15g | Carbs: 12.5g | Fat: 8.5g | Fiber 1g
Crustless Smoked Turkey & Spinach Quiche
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup (4 ounces) cubed smoked turkey ham (such as Jennie-0)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (about 2 1/4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add ham, onion, and pepper to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until ham is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese in a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Top with ham mixture.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, spinach, and next 5 ingredients (through egg whites) in a large bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and baking powder in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, stirring with a whisk until blended. Pour egg mixture over ham mixture. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center of quiche comes out clean.
Calories 152 | Protein 14.2g | Carbs 11.2g |
Fat 5.1g | Fiber 0.5g
Leave a comment