After the egg hunt, chances are you'll have a colorful stash of the Easter treats. But that doesn't have to mean a week of nothing but boring breakfasts and deviled eggs. Check out these healthy ways to use up your hard-boiled eggs after Easter!
- 4 Perfect 10 Bagels, halved
- Olive oil
- 8 tomato slices
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 4 Tbsp Mozzarella, grated
- Oregano (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Toast bagel halves and place on a cookie sheet.
- Drizzle each with olive oil, then layer on tomato slices, hard-boiled egg slices (half an egg each), and a little grated mozzarella. Sprinkle with oregano and salt.
- Broil 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Serving Size: 1 pizza
Calories: 176 | Fat: 7g | Carbs: 11.5g | Protein: 17.8g
Salmon Salad with Vinaigrette
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced shallots
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 black pepper, divided
- 4 (3oz) salmon fillets
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup vertically sliced Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Place beans in large pan of boiling water; cook 2 minutes. Drain and plunge beans into ice water; drain.
- Combine vinegar, mustard, oil, shallots, 1/8 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper in a small bowl, stirring well with whisk; set aside.
- Using a mister, bray both sides of each fillet with olive oil; sprinkle with 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Place fish, skin side up, on grill rack; cook 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning after 4 minutes.
- Arrange 1 cup of greens in each of 4 bowls; top with onion, egg slices, and beans. Top with salmon; drizzle with dressing.
Calories: 271 | Fat: 13g | Carbs: 13g | Protein: 26g
Tuna & Egg Stuffed Tomatoes
- 8 tomatoes, tops cut off, cored and seeded
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and chopped
- 2 cans of albacore tuna, drained
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise, fat free
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Wash tomatoes, cut tops off using a serrated knife, and core and seed them; set aside.
- Open tuna cans and drain. In a medium bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, garlic, parsley, and chopped hard-boiled eggs.
- Stuff the tomatoes with the tuna mixture and garnish with a sprig of parsley.
Serving Size: 1 tomato
Calories: 75 | Fat: 1.75g | Carbs: 3g | Protein: 9g
Leave a comment
Note: Some flavors may not be available in every size.