Chili-Rubbed Steak & Pan Salsa
- 3 oz of rib-eye steak
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 ½ tsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle both sides of steak with chili powder and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steak and cook, turning once, 1 to 2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer the steak to a plate, cover with foil and let rest while you make the salsa.
- Add tomatoes, lime juice and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt to the pan and cook, stirring often, until the tomatoes soften, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in cilantro and any accumulated juices from the steak. Serve the steak topped with the salsa.
Calories: 192 | Fat: 8g | Fiber: 1g | Carbs: 4g | Protein: 26g
Maple-Glazed Chicken Breast
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (3 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Whisk syrup, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, ginger and pepper in a small, shallow dish. Add chicken and turn to coat with the marinade; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning once.
- Coat an indoor grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade (reserving the marinade) and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast registers 165°F, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until reduced by about half, about 4 minutes. Liberally baste the chicken with the reduced sauce and serve.
Calories: 197 | Fat: 3g | Carbs: 15g | Protein: 26g
Smoky Mustard-Maple Salmon
- 1 1/4 tsp whole-grain or Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Dash of smoked paprika or ground chipotle pepper
- Dash of freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1 3-ounce skinless center-cut wild-caught salmon fillet
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a small baking sheet or baking pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Combine mustard, maple syrup, paprika (or chipotle), pepper and salt in a small bowl. Place salmon fillet on the prepared baking sheet. Spread the mustard mixture evenly on the salmon. Roast until just cooked through, 8 to 12 minutes.
Calories: 148 | Fat: 4g | Carbs: 4g | Protein: 23g
Leave a comment
Note: Some flavors may not be available in every size.