- Stick To Your Regularly Scheduled Sneals®: Don’t be tempted to skip a few Sneals® on Halloween so you can bank your calories for those sweet treats that are sure to head your way. The worst thing you can do is not eat; if you’re hungry you will have no willpower to resist. Instead eat your usual Sneals® during the day with a high protein Sneal® right before the Halloween festivities begin. If you feel full you will not be as likely to go overboard on the treats.
- Be The 'Boring' House On The Block: If you are the kind of person who will eat whatever is around the house, don’t set yourself up for failure by stocking up on candy. Have you considered passing out non-candy goodies? Perhaps from the dollar store, toys, temporary tattoos, sticker, etc. Or healthier options like boxes of raisins or nuts? You might get some kids thinking you’re not the coolest house on the block but at least their parents will like you!
- Buy Your Candy Last Minute: Buy your candy the day of Halloween, that way you are not tempted to dip into the candy stash on a daily basis. Also don’t buy your favorite candy, buy candy you don’t particularly like that way you’re not lured in, if you are a chocolate fan then go for the gummy or tart candies.
- Take Control: Okay, yes it is Halloween, a holiday dedicated to treats. In order to survive this holiday without derailing your diet, control your binge. Make it exact, 'you’ll only have three ‘fun-sized’ candies the entire night.' Then you can spread them out or have them all at once. If you have a plan you’re most likely to stay in control.
- Limit Mindless Eating: Are you going to a Halloween party where there is sure to be endless treats? Keep your hands busy, your purse in one and a glass of water in the other. If your hands are full they are not going to be grazing the candy bowls or buffet. This will significantly reduce your temptation to nibble.
- For Those of You Who Do Splurge–Bounce Back: If you are in a sugar coma on November 1st, don’t freak out! One day will not hurt you; it is the mind set that triggers the mental game of, ‘I blew it’ that can lead you to ditch your diet. You just need to recover, make sure to stick to your six healthy Sneals® the next day and drink plenty of water and you will be ok.
Leave a comment
Note: Some flavors may not be available in every size.