Hearty Chicken Chili
Per Serving: Calories 297, Protein 31g, Total Fat 6g, Carbs 29g, Fiber 7g
- 1/2 lb ground chicken breast
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 can low-sodium pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Spray large saucepan with cooking spray.
- Cook chicken and onion over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly to break up chicken. Return chicken to pan.
- Stir in bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, and cumin, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
Per Serving: Calories 275, Protein 18g, Total Fat 9g, Carbs 17g, Fiber 2.5g
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Dash chipotle chili powder
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 medium radishes
- 1/4 large avocado, diced
- 1 scallion
- 1/8 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 small 4” flour tortillas
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, garlic, chili powders, salt.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Season the chicken with the spice mixture and cook until browned, about 2-3 minutes each side.
- Transfer the chicken to the baking sheet and roast until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, gently toss together the radishes, scallions, avocado, pomegranate seeds, lime juice, salt and pepper; fold in the cilantro.
- Slice the chicken into 1/4-inch-thick pieces.
- Fill the tortillas with the chicken and top with the pomegranate salsa.
Per Serving: Calories 318, Protein 47g, Total Fat 10g, Carbs 9g, Fiber 3.5g
- 1/2 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 (6-oz.) pieces skinless salmon filets
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp. capers
- 1/4 cup fresh at-leaf parsley
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the cauliflower with 1/2 tsp. olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 15 minutes, then broil until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn the salmon, scatter the garlic and capers around and cook until the salmon is opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Transfer the fish to plates and toss the cauliflower with the garlic, capers and parsley. Serve with the salmon.