Per Serving: Calories 142, Protein 10g, Total Fat 7g, Carbs 8g, Fiber 1g
- 6 eggs
- 1/2- cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder , or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder , or to taste
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper , thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion , finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- GARNISH OPTIONAL
- shredded cheese 2 tbsp (low-fat)
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped onions
- fresh parsley
- Lightly grease the inside of the slow cooker/crock pot with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder; using egg beaters or a whisk, beat the mixture until mixed and well combined.
- Add broccoli florets, sliced peppers, onions and garlic to the slow cooker; stir in the egg-mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours. Start checking at 1 hour 30 minutes. Omelette is done when eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover; let stand 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Turn off the slow cooker.
- Cut the omelette into slices.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes, chopped onions and fresh parsley.
Slow-Cooker Veggie Fajitas
Per Serving(about 3/4th cup): Calories 224, Protein 30g, Total Fat 7.8g, Carbs 7.5g, Fiber 1.2g
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 red, orange and green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 large yellow onion , halved and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Pour half of the canned tomatoes into the bottom of a slow cooker and spread into an even layer. Top with half of the peppers and half of the onions. Sprinkle garlic in. Top with chicken breasts.
- In a bowl whisk together chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper. Evenly sprinkle half of the seasoning over chicken breasts then flip chicken and sprinkle in remainder. Top with remaining half of the tomatoes, then layer in remaining peppers and onions.
- Cover and cook on HIGH heat 3 - 4 hours or low heat 6 - 8 hours, until chicken has cooked through and veggies are tender (note that if you want to be able to cut chicken into strips cook more near lesser time on HIGH or LOW, otherwise it will probably just shred, which is also fine).
- Remove chicken, and cut into strips, or shred. Ladle out 1 cup of the broth in slow cooker (mostly tomato liquid) and discard. In a small bowl whisk together lime juice and honey and add to slow cooker along with chicken and season with additional salt to taste if desired. Gently toss and serve.
Per Serving(about 1.3 cups): Calories 247, Protein 25g, Total Fat 7.3g, Carbs 23g, Fiber 4.8g
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 pound (raw) boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 1 large breast)
- 5 cups chicken broth, plus additional if needed
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces (uncooked) dry gemelli or penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Chopped fresh basil or parsley, for garnish
- In slow cooker, stir together garlic, bell pepper, onion, tomatoes, chicken, broth, 1/2 cup cheese, basil, oregano, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook on high 3-1/2 hours or on low 7 hours.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board and use forks to coarsely shred; return to slow cooker. Stir in pasta. Cook on high 20-30 minutes longer or until pasta is cooked al dente.
- If soup becomes too thick after pasta is cooked, stir in additional broth or water until desired consistency is reached, and warm through.
- Serve garnished with extra Parmesan cheese and chopped basil or parsley.
Slow-Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup Freezer Meal Prep
Per Serving( about 2 Cups) : Calories 327, Protein 36g, Total Fat 5g, Carbs 33g, Fiber 5g
- 8 ounces whole-wheat egg noodles or other whole-wheat noodles
- 3 pounds bone-in chicken breast, skin removed
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups frozen peas
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool.
- Meanwhile, place chicken, onion, carrot, celery and thyme in a sealable gallon-size freezer bag. Place the cooled noodles in a separate sealable gallon-size freezer bag. Freeze both bags until ready to use. Let the bags defrost in your refrigerator for 1 day before cooking.
- Combine the chicken mixture, broth and salt in a 6-quart slow cooker (reserve the noodles). Cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 8 hours. Add peas during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the bones and shred into bite-size pieces. Stir the chicken into the soup along with the noodles, dill and lemon juice.
- Garnish with more dill, if desired.
Per Serving( 1/4 cup each) : Calories 86, Protein 9g, Total Fat 5g, Carbs 2g, Fiber 2g
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce, preferably Frank's RedHot
- Sliced scallions for garnish
- Combine broth, onion and jalapeño in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Place chicken on top. Cover and cook on High for 2½ hours.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and shred with 2 forks. Cover to keep warm.
- Drain the liquid from the slow cooker. Whisk cream cheese, ¼ cup blue cheese and hot sauce into the slow cooker. Cover and cook until hot, about 20 minutes.
- Stir the chicken into the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with scallions and more blue cheese, if desired.
Per Serving: Calories 317, Protein 35g, Total Fat 9g, Carbs 22g, Fiber 4g
- 12 ounces small red potatoes, quartered
- 4 medium carrots, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram or dried thyme, crushed
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen cut green beans, thawed
- In a 3- ½- or 4-quart slow cooker place potatoes, carrots, onion, stew meat, soup, beef broth, and marjoram. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 4- ½ hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in thawed green beans. Cover and cook for 15 minutes more or just until green beans are tender.