Super Bowl Sunday is fast approaching! We're preppin' our favorite appetizers for the big game, who wants some?? If you haven’t decided what to make for your football party, meatballs and mozzarella sticks are popular favorites! Add these two recipes to your menu for a healthy and delicious spin!
Baked Turkey Meatballs
Serving Size: 3 meatballs
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 207, Fat: 8g, Carbs: 13.5g, Protein: 20.5g
1 pound ground turkey
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 clove garlic, finely diced
1/4 cup shallot or onion, finely diced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- Walden Farms BBQ Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly grease a sheet pan with oil and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients together thoroughly with your hands.
- Roll into about 20 meatballs and place on pan.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes or until cooked through and not pink in the middle.
- Glaze meatballs with any of our Walden Farms BBQ sauce and pop back in the oven for 5 minutes!
Serving Size: 2 pieces (1 full mozzarella stick)
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 115, Fat: 5g, Carbs: 2g, Protein: 7g
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add mozzarella stick pieces to a plastic bag and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Add Quest protein chips to a medium ziplock bag and crush to a crumb size.
- Add crushed protein chips, almond flour, and whisked egg to three individual bowls.
- Remove mozzarella stick pieces from freezer, coat in almond flour, egg, and finally crushed Quest protein chips, place onto baking sheet.
- Freeze mozzarella sticks on lined baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Remove mozzarella sticks from freezer and bake for 5 minutes at 400F, flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Plate game day mozzarella sticks warm, sprinkle on chopped parsley, and serve with marina sauce.
Or keep it quick and simple with our yummy Jalapeno & White Cheddar or Artichoke & Cheese Poppers!
Serving Size: 3 poppers
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 190, Fat:10g, Carbs: 3g, Protein: 22g
Leave a comment